Pest control companies offer a variety of different methods to get rid of your bug problems. Many companies have their own unique formulas, but many of the chemicals they use are highly toxic and dangerous to you, your family, and your pets. Unless, of course, they’re using orange oil.
Common Dangerous Chemicals in Pesticides
Some of the most common dangerous chemicals in pesticides include:
- Piperonyl butoxide – This chemical is often used as an additive along with other insecticide agents to enhance their effects. Piperony butxodie can slow down insect metabolism. For humans, ingesting the chemical can lead to vomiting and diarrhea, and the EPA classifies it as a group C carcinogen, meaning it could potentially be cancer causing.
- Hydramethylnon – This chemical is used primarily in bait traps for crickets, ants, termites, silverfish, and roaches. Hydramethylnon is slow-acting and designed to make insects lethargic while forcing them to bring the chemical back to their hives or colonies. The chemical is a potential carcinogen and can irritate your respiratory tract and eyes.
- Pyrenthrins and pyrethroids – These comprise a variety of compounds derived from African and Australian chrysanthemum flowers. They are the most common chemical found in insecticides, used in over 3,500 products designed for managing insects in the home. While these chemicals are generally safe around humans and mammals, they can highly toxic to aquatic organisms, making it a potential environmental hazard should any end up in runoff.
Orange oil is a completely natural essential oil, extracted from orange rinds as a byproduct of orange juice. The active component in orange oil is called d-limonene, which offers a variety of uses in cosmetic, food, and general health products.
Eliminite Termite Services has included orange oil in its innovative D-Liminite termite solution. Orange oil is:
- Harmless to you, your kids, and your pets
- Completely safe for the environment
- Effective as a long-term solution for getting rid of termites
To learn more about D-Liminite Orange Oil, contact Eliminite Termite Services at (855) 504-8989.